Garage Door Opener Installation
Installing The Best Door Openers For You
Your Trusted Garage Door Professionals
Get the Reliability You Deserve
Garage door openers should not just open and close your garage door, but also be dependable, quiet, and safe. Twins Garage Doors carries a variety of garage door openers to fit any budget and garage door size. From experience, we see what openers are the best and which ones are full of problems. Fortunately, we provide and professionally install the best garage door openers in the industry. We are the #1 garage door professionals. Give us a call for a free quote.
Our Clients Review
What They Say
What Are the Pros & Cons?
What Is the Best Type of Garage Door Opener Drive?
Choosing the best type of garage door opener depends on your preferences:
1. BELT DRIVE OPENER
- Mechanism: Uses a rubber belt instead of a chain to move the garage door.
- Noise Level: Operates more quietly than chain drives, perfect for homes with living spaces close to the garage.
- Durability: Reliable and durable, but might not be the best choice for excessively heavy doors without a reinforced belt.
- Maintenance: Requires less maintenance compared to chain drives as there’s no need for regular lubrication.
- Price: Often priced higher than chain drive openers, but the additional cost can be justified by its quieter operation.
- Vibration: Produces less vibration, potentially leading to longer life for the opener and less disturbance in the home.
2. CHAIN DRIVE OPENER
Mechanism: Uses a metal chain to drive the trolley and lift or lower the door.
Noise Level: Typically louder than belt drives, making them less ideal for homes where the garage is adjacent to a bedroom or living area.
Durability: Robust and long-lasting, especially suitable for heavier garage doors.
Maintenance: May require periodic lubrication to keep the chain running smoothly and to reduce noise.
Price: Generally more affordable than belt drive openers.
Vibration: Can produce more vibration compared to belt drives, which can lead to more wear and tear over time.
Want Your Garage Door Repair or Installation? We’re Ready To Start!
Get Special Offer Today
We Have what You Need
How Powerful Should the Opener Be?
When determining how much power you should have in the motor, take into consideration the material used to make your garage door.
Is it lightweight aluminum, sturdy steel, or an extravagant but heavy wood?
- For standard steel and aluminum doors, a 1/2-horsepower motor should work nicely.
- For hefty doors or wooden doors, you should consider a 3/4-horsepower motor. DC motors are more efficient than AC and sometimes offer battery backups.
Ceiling Height and Safety Features
Take an accurate measurement of the height of your garage door.
Is it seven feet or is it taller?
- If your garage door is seven feet tall (the standard), then you will be fine purchasing a typical motor.
- If it is any taller, you will have to invest in an extension kit to ensure the motor works effectively and safely.
With respect to safety, you must be certain your motor comes with at least the standard features. These include:
- Automatic reversal: Sensors detect whether an object could stop the door from closing. If an object is present, the garage door will immediately stop and reverse back to the open position.
- Photoelectric sensors: These sensors detect the presence of a car or person to turn lights on inside your garage.
- Emergency manual release: Allows you to bypass your opener’s system to open manually during a power outage.
- Rolling-code technology: This sends a different code to your remote every time you use it to prevent others from accessing your garage.
- Backup battery: A backup battery for your garage door opener will power the opener during a power outage.
We cannot overstate the importance of safety for your garage door, which should be a priority for everyone.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about garage door safety, our garage door products, and our commitment to providing excellent service every time.
Why Choose Us
What Makes Twins Garage Doors Different?
Twins Garage Doors has an established record of achievement and is a trustworthy company. We guarantee that all of our garage door projects are done with supreme expertise while using high-end materials and offering clients 100% satisfaction. Thus, we back up all of our work with a warranty (extended warranty is available, too).
For us, honesty is the only policy. We emphasize completing all garage door projects with honesty, not only with our customers, including HOA property managers and construction companies, but also with our manufacturers, suppliers, and technicians. With thousands of successful garage door projects under our belt, we established ourselves as one of the most trusted garage door companies, and its surroundings.