Chamberlain Garage Door Opener Installation
Applies to Chamberlain B4603T, B4613T, B4643T, B4655T, B6713T, B6753T, AND B6755T garage door opener models
Following are the step-by-step instructions for properly installing a Chamberlain garage door opener to ensure safe and correct operation.
Check Door Condition
Inspect the door, springs, pulleys, and other hardware to ensure they are in good operating condition before installing the opener (page 3). Faulty or worn parts should be repaired or replaced before installation.
Gather Tools and Materials
Gather the following tools and materials before starting the installation (page 4):
- Power drill with assorted drill bits and drivers
- Screwdrivers – Phillips and flathead
- Socket wrench set
- Tape measure
- Wire cutters/strippers
- Opener hardware kit
Verify the following minimum clearances for the safe operation of the door (page 4):
- Side room: 18 inches minimum from the edge of the door to the wall on each side
- Headroom: 2.5 inches minimum from the highest point of door travel to the ceiling
- Top of Door: 5 inches minimum clearance above the top of the door for full door travel
Follow these step-by-step instructions to install the Chamberlain garage door opener:
1. Position and Mount the Rail
- Place the rail at 8-12 inches from the ceiling to provide adequate headroom (page 5, Figure 1).
- Align the rail with the header bracket centered over the door (page 5, Figure 2).
- Mount to ceiling using lag screws through header bracket holes (page 6).
2. Attach the Chain/Belt Pulley
- Slide the pulley onto the end of the rail until it snaps into place (page 7, Figure 4).
3. Install the Motor Unit
- Slip the motor unit belt over the drive pulley and slide it onto the rail (page 7, Figure 5).
- Insert a bolt into the back end of the rail to prevent the motor from sliding off during installation (page 7).
4. Mount the Door Bracket
- Center the door bracket at the top half of the door, in line with a horizontal brace (page 8, Figure 6).
- Allow 2-4 inches of clearance between door edges and door jambs.
- Mount using lag screws (page 8).
5. Attach the Chain/Belt
- Run chain/belt between pulleys and attach to door bracket using spring clip (page 9, Figure 7).
- The body of the spring clip should face inside the garage when installed (page 9).
6. Install the Door Control
- Install door control within sight of the door at a minimum of 5 feet off the floor (page 10).
- Pre-drill pilot holes and attach with screws.
7. Wire the Opener
- Connect all wires – motor to the logic board, door control to the logic board, wall consoles to motor unit (page 11).
- Do not run wires through door tracks or make contact with moving parts.
8. Attach Safety Sensors
- Install safety sensors no higher than 6 inches from the floor (page 12).
- Sensors can be mounted on door tracks, side jambs, or wall (page 12, Figure 9).
9. Complete Safety Reversing Tests
- Check force settings and test safety reversal mechanisms per pages 13-14.
- Adjust force or limit settings as needed until the door reverses on contact.
10. Attach Warning Labels
- Affix all warning labels provided with the opener in visible areas per page 4.
By following this comprehensive step-by-step installation SOP, the Chamberlain B4603T, B4613T, B4643T, B4655T, B6713T, B6753T, and B6755T garage door openers can be properly installed to ensure safe operation and functionality.